Sunday, October 5, 2014

Let your good works shine ...

As I took my vacation to visit friends in the Frozen Northlands this past week (and by that, I mean Philadelphia), I was really struck by the change of seasons that's already happening up there. The trees are showing off their best reds, oranges, and yellows. Some of the trees are at their peak already, all changed over and ready to let the leaves come down. Others are just starting out, letting a little bit of color show around the edges.


 But it made me think and wonder a little bit: no matter where I am on my journey of faith -- fully committed as an intentional disciple of Jesus, or only at the beginning stages around the edges -- am I letting the glory of God shine through me so that others may "see my good works and give glory to God my Father" (cf. Matthew 5:16)? The whole of creation is telling us that it's time!

No comments:

Post a Comment